Lawrence D. Hirsch, Esq.
Lawrence D. Hirsch has practiced in Phoenix for 30 years and has a broad range of experience in all aspects of Bankruptcy practice and debtor/creditor practice, including loan workouts.
Mr. Hirschs practice includes:
Debtor representation: representation of debtors in Chapters 7, 11 and 13. Mr. Hirsch has extensive experience in representing families and small businesses. This area of practice includes pre-bankruptcy workout negotiations.
Creditor representation: representation of creditors in Chapters 7, 11 and 13.
Bankruptcy litigation: representation of both debtors and creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy litigation including stay lift litigation, non-dischargeability litigation, claims litigation, exemptions, bad faith, and all other forms of bankruptcy litigation.
Bankruptcy appeals: representation of Appellees and Appellants in bankruptcy appeals to the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, United States District Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, Til Debts Due Us Part, Arizona Bar Journal (November 1987)
- Frequent lecturer, State Bar of Arizona, Maricopa County Bar Association, and PESI
- In re Soll, 182 B.R. 433 (Bkrtcy.D.Ariz. 1993)
- In re Sierra Pacific Broadcasters, 85 B.R. 575 (9th.Cir.BAP 1995)
- In re Hutchinson, 135 B.R. 890 (Bkrtcy.D.Ariz. 1992)
- In re Camilli, 182 B.R. 247 (9th.Cir.BAP 1995)
- In re Camilli, 94 F.3d 1330 (9th.Cir. 1996)
- In re Ehrman, 171 B.R. 683 (Bkrtcy. D.Ariz. 1994)
- US Trustee v. Hirsch (In re Ehrman), 184 B.R. 362 (Bkrtcy.D.Ariz. 1995)
- In re Wilman, 192 B.R. 207 (Bkrtcy.D.Ariz. 1996)
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona, 1977
- United States District Court, 1977
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1995
- United States Supreme Court, 1996
Education & Honors
- B.A., History, Kenyon College (1974)
- J.D., cum laude, Gonzaga University School of Law (1977)
- American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law (1976)
- Certified Bankruptcy Law Specialist, State Bar of Arizona
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as an outstanding bankruptcy attorney since 2009
- Author, Be a Bankruptcy Advisor, Not Just a Document Preparer, Inside the Minds: Chapter 7 Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies, Aspatore Books, a Thomson Reuters publication (2011)
Be a Bankruptcy Advisor, Not Just a Document Preparer
- Consumer Bankruptcy Strategies
Bankruptcy and Family Court
Parallel Worlds and the Disconnect Between Family Law and Bankruptcy
Til Debts Due Us Part
- Arizona Bar Journal
The Top 7 Things My Bankruptcy Partner Taught Me
- The IP Lawyer
9 Complications in Bankruptcy